Benzodiazepine risks in older people… how the moon affects sleep… afternoon naps sharpen your brain… 3am doomscrolling… coronasomnia… nightmares linked to heart problems… (more)
Links ranked newest to oldest
Note to readers: The curator is taking time off from this weekly news curation
to participate in her virtual book tour (information here).
The weekly news curation will return in April 2021. Thanks for your understanding.
BONUS! 25 links this week!
- Patient Preference and Adherence || January 28, 2021: Are Older People Aware of Potential Risks Related to Benzodiazepines They are Taking and Has Anything Changed in Risk Awareness Over Ten Years?
- Better Homes and Gardens || January 27, 2021: Aldi’s sell-out anti-snore pillow is back
- CNN Health || January 27, 2021: Anxiety Robbing Your Sleep? A Weighted Blanket May Help
- The Guardian || January 27, 2021: Lunar cycle has distinct effect on sleep, study suggests
- Medscape || January 26, 2021: Snoring Tied to Vascular Remodeling in Overweight, Obese Adults Without Apnea
- BMJ || January 25, 2021: Afternoon napping linked to better mental agility
- Romper || January 25, 2021: Yeah, We Gotta Talk About “Exploding Head Syndrome” During Pregnancy
- Slate Stern Law || January 25, 2021: What Should I Do After a Drowsy Driving Accident?
- Sleep Review || January 25, 2021: How Has the COVID-19 Pandemic Impacted CPAP Use?
- Today || January 25, 2021: 8 best light therapy lamps for every budget in 2021
- C|Net || January 24, 2021: Sleep aids: Natural vs. over-the-counter vs. prescription pills
- Independent || January 24, 2021: TBH: A bath, a peaceful environment and a doomscroll until 3 am. Ciara O’Connor’s sleep routine
- Popular Science || January 24, 2021: Can a happy lamp help cure your winter blues?
- American Journal of Managed Care || January 23, 2021: How CPAP Masks Impact Adherence, Sleepiness in Long-Term Users
- American Association of Sleep Technologists || January 22, 2021: Recent Sleep Apnea News, Winter 2021
- CHEST Physician || January 22, 2021: Coronasomnia: Pervasive sleeplessness, self-medicating raise concerns of sleep experts
- Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne || January 22, 2021: MRI helps unravel the mysteries of sleep
- Ohio State University || January 22, 2021: Lack of sleep, stress can lead to symptoms resembling concussion
- Pharmacy Times || January 22, 2021: Study Links Nightmares with Anxiety, Insomnia in Heart Patients
- Psychology Today || January 22, 2021: Why Do We Sleep? New research shows that the need to sleep is so ancient that it preceded brains
- Quick and Dirty Tips || January 22, 2021: Parasomnias: 6 Truly Creepy Things that Can Happen While You Sleep
- Tech Republic || January 22, 2021: Best sleep gadgets of 2021: Drift away with smart sleeping masks, white noise machines, and more
- The Institute for Scientific Information on Coffee || January 21, 2021: Study suggests coffee temporarily counteracts effect of sleep loss on cognitive function
- Psychiatry Advisor || January 21, 2021: Studies of Childhood Insomnia Lack Diversity, Outcomes for Families, and Non-Sleep Phenotypes
- Sleep Review || January 21, 2021: ‘I’m a Neuroscientist, and This Is Exactly How Alcohol Ruins Your Sleep’